Current Walking Track Calendar
**Currently, our walking track is CLOSED to the public until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
As a user of our facility, we hope that you are able to take advantage of our walking track to improve your physical fitness and personal health. We ask that you please note and observe the following rules and enjoy the facilities.
• All Bellaire students, faculty, and community members must sign in at the office when using the walking track during the normal school day hours (beginning at 7:00 a.m.). There will be a sign-in sheet on a clipboard on the bulletin board located near the stairwell leading to the balcony for those using the facility after 4:00 p.m. This is to help us keep track of who is in the facility in case of an emergency.
• Due to academic schedules, athletic contests, and/or team training purposes, use of the walking track will be limited to hours that will be posted on a weekly basis. We will attempt to post this weekly schedule physically on-site, as well as on the school’s website.
• The walking track will only be open when school is in session; if school is not scheduled or there is no school due to inclement weather, the walking track will not be open.
• Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or supervising adult and must remain with that person at all times. The elevator is not a play thing and should only be used when necessary.
• When the bleachers are in their folded-up, stored position they cannot be climbed and sat upon. Doing so will cause structural damage.
• Please be aware of where the exits are located in case of an emergency.
• In case of an emergency, a phone is located on the wall across from the elevator on the main floor.
• Two small changing rooms are located on the balcony level (west end near the elevator). Lockers are available for use but no locks will be provided. These areas will improve as the project progresses.
• Shoes that will be worn during your workout must be carried into the facility (dirt, sand, salt, etc. may cause damage).
• Smoking, the use of tobacco products of any kind and all alcoholic beverages are prohibited anywhere on school property.
• Do not leave coats, boots or other additional clothing on the floor. Please use the changing room/locker room areas on the balcony level for these items.
• Individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that will not detract from the enjoyment of others in the building. School administration has the right to suspend facility use privileges.
• Before beginning any exercise program, you should first consult your doctor or an exercise professional. Participation is at your own risk.
• Walking approximately one foot from the railing, it will take you just over 13.5 laps to equal one mile.
• Enjoy your visit and please don’t forget to check out when you leave.