Fifth grade students from Bellaire participated in a space program presented by Raven Hill.
two Honor Mentions (Colin Bearup and Luke Smith)
Young Author's Contest Alden Library-those that participated
100th Day - 2019
100th Day - 2019
100th Day - 2019
Elementary Christmas Program 2018
Payton's Buddy Bench
unveiling with Glenn Wolff
- Elementary Robotics teams qualified for state competition Exciting News – 2 Bellaire Elementary robotics teams qualified for state competition over the weekend. The 2 teams combined to get 1st place at Glen Lake and now each team will go to the state competition. The state competition will be held at the Grand Traverse Resort on Feb. 29 / March 1. A big thank you ...
- Pumpkin Literacy The K-2 graders got into the Halloween spirit with a fun reading activity. They selected characters from their favorite stories and decorated pumpkins to represent them. Left to Right: Fionnagan VandenHeuvel (2nd grader), Brynn Dewey (1st grade), Ross Howell (K), Vivienne Hocking (K)
- Great Lakes Center for the Arts The 5th grade class recently visited the Great Lakes Center for the Arts at Bay Harbor to attend an engaging, interactive science show entitled “Doctor Kaboom.” Aiden Balko was chosen to be on stage with Doktor Kaboom for a science demonstration. Mrs. Fischer’s 5th graders stopped at Kilwin’s Chocolate Factory in Charlevoix on the way ...
- AuSable Trails Mrs. Mills took the 4th graders to AuSable Trails in Grayling to learn about how Michigan History demonstrates our dependency on our environment by taking students back in time when it was easily understood where our food, water, clothing and energy came from. They experienced life at an 1800’s fur trading post and interact with ...
- Veterans Day Assembly The K-12 Veterans Day Program is on Monday, November 11th at 9:00 a.m. in the H.S. gymnasium. The entire community is invited to come and enjoy the program. There will be a free hot breakfast after the assembly for all of the Veterans and their families to enjoy. Please come and show your patriotism for all ...
- Updates are In Progress Please forgive our lack of updates. We met with the webmaster last week Friday and are planning a number of significant changes to the layout and format of the Bellaire Public Schools web pages. We hope to have the planning phase completed and the updates implemented in the coming weeks. Until that time, we will ...
- Fifth grade space program presented by Raven Hill. Fifth grade students from Bellaire participated in a space program presented by Raven Hill. Thanks to funds from Rotary Club as well as the PTO- Cheri Leach was able to come and work with the fifth graders all afternoon. Throughout the program the kids planted with hydroponics, filtered water, designed space stations, and created a ...
- Brenton Selected to Lead District The Bellaire school board is pleased to announce that they have unanimously selected Mark Brenton as their next superintendent. Brenton was chosen after an extensive search process which attracted a field of 20 applicants. Brenton will begin the position effective July 1. Brenton has been an elementary school principal for 15 years, the past 12 ...
- Bellaire Public Schools Receives Safety Grant During spring break Bellaire Public Schools received notification that they had been awarded almost $46,000 from the Michigan State Police 2019 Competitive Safety Grant. Schools across the state could apply for funds to help pay for certain projects that will increase student safety in their local districts. Over 366 applications were submitted and Bellaire’s proposal ...
- Upcoming Dates…. March 1-21 March is Reading Month – It’s A Jungle Out There!!! Daily activity calendar coming home soon! March 9 (Saturday) PTO Elementary Carnival (3:00-5:00) March 12 Books for Breakfast (8:00-8:30 Grades K-2) March 19 Books for Breakfast (8:00-8:30 Grades 3-5) March 22-March 31 Spring Break April 1 – School Resumes